This was one of our journal prompts that the amazing Mrs. Helzer had us do my freshman year in English class. I was thinking about this prompt this week for some reason. It popped in my head on the way home from Girls of Grace Camp on Tuesday, and I have been thinking about it ever since.
I used to think that "democrat" was a bad word.
I used to think that I would never ever argue with my parents as a teenager.
I used to think that Rudy was adopted because he was always so much more tan than I was.
I used to think that I was going to be a professional ballet dancer.
I used to think that cheerleaders were perhaps the most amazing people on the planet.
I used to think that FFA stood for Fat Farmers Association.
I used to think that I was going to be a Nun. (This was when I went to the Lutheran Church. Let's just say that I received some strange looks from my Sunday School teachers when I announced that to the class.)
I used to think that I was going to play in the WNBA.
I used to think that girls were not allowed to drive tractors.
I used to think that boys had cooties. (Who am I kidding? Boys do have cooties. Stay. Away.)
I used to think that getting straight A's was easy.
I used to think that my Momma was serious when she told people that she was a drug dealer.
I used to think that Santa Clause came through our wood-burning stove since we don't have a fire place.
I used to think that if I fell asleep long enough in our pasture that I would wake up in an episode of Little House on the Prairie.
I used to think that I would have the same "best friend" my entire life.
I used to think that landing on the moon was all a hoax.
I used to think that if I would laugh while Momma and Daddy spanked me, that they would stop. (Nope... flawed logic. I would get an extra one for laughing.)
I used to think that a mule was created when a cow and a horse had a baby.
I used to think that I wanted to be Cross Country/Track Long Distance runner.
I used to think that I never wanted kids. (Now I want 4-6 kids, maybe more. It depends on how many the Lord will bless me with.)
I used to think that I would always be taller than my siblings because I am the oldest. (Now I am only taller than one of them... Elle. Not for long though. It's sad that being 5'10" is considered short in my family.)
I used to think that it was a sin to get comfortable in my bed before I prayed at night.
Love this!
ReplyDeleteThis is my favorite: I used to think that if I fell asleep long enough in our pasture that I would wake up in an episode of Little House on the Prairie.
ReplyDeleteThanks for making me smile. :)