I have to say that my New Year's Eve tops anyone else's. I spent it vomiting and sleeping.
I woke up yesterday morning with a huge headache and body aches all over. (I told Celie about it and she then asked me if I was hungover... I told her yes, just to get a little humor out of it. (I promise I wasn't hungover, in fact I'm pretty sure I don't even know the true definition of hungover.) My Momma, being the excellent Pharmacist that she is, gave me some medicine to make the pain go away, and it did for a little while.
Soon after, we went into Lincoln to go shopping. Usually walking into a store lifts my spirits a little bit, but I felt nothing. I ended up buying a really cute skirt, though, so that made me feel a little better! :) I slept the whole way home which is not surprising at all, I fall asleep in almost all car rides. We got home just in time for me to pack a bag and then turn around and leave to go babysit my distant cousins who live in Beatrice. Mom gave me some more medicine, but just as I was about to walk out of the kitchen I experienced a really awkward feeling. I quickly turned around and bolted to the sink just in time for me to see my lunch protruding from my mouth in a vomit fashion. Lovely. I puked like 4 times. It was disgusting. Much to my dismay, the sink was full of dishes, and no one in my family wanted to clean the puke up. So my loving family made me do the dishes after just throwing up all over them.
After I finished that daunting task I took a shower. (Showers seem to be the perfect heeling method. I take showers when I am upset, sick, mad, sad, angry. It just seems to call me down.) The shower was a daze, all I remember was lying on the shower floor and throwing up again, this time it got all over my hair. I lay in there for an hour and a half before my Momma came to check on me.
It was like 5:30 when I got out of the shower, and I got into some PJ's and went straight to bed. I didn't wake up until 1:00 A.M. I went down the stairs to find Frank watching TV. I watched it with him for an hour, and then my loving brother had a wonderful idea. "Stazia, you should sleep in my room tonight, it's much warmer, just take a barf bucket with you." His room is in the basement, right next to the wood-burning stove. My room is upstairs, and on the opposite side of the house from the stove, so it is always freezing. I love my little (not so little) brother. :)
I didn't wake up until 9:00 A.M. I had slept for 14 hours total! My stomach still felt sick, but other than that I felt amazing! I wish I could get 14 hours of sleep every night. My Momma originally thought it was stomach flu, but she said I would have thrown up a lot more if it had been that. So, she thinks it was some virus that was given to me by one of my family members over the holidays, which makes sense.
Speaking of the holidays, I suppose it would be socially unacceptable to not make a New Year's Resolution. But I strongly dislike them. It is pointless to make a promise that you are only going to keep until you get bored with it halfway through Febuary, so I am not making one this year. I would rather not make one, then make one and break that promise.
P.S. The letters were sent out yesterday! They are in fun colored, scented envelopes, although by time they reach their destinations, I doubt they will still smell pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment