Tonight I had to drive into Syracuse to play pep band for a Wrestling Dual. I had never been to any sort of wrestling anything before, so it was a little different. Following the Stofer legacy, I was late. I was supposed to be there at 5:30, and I was pulling into the parking lot at 5:33. Parking was CRAZY. Mom took my car into Lincoln, so I had to drive the Excursion. (Or as I like to call it, the beast.) There were a couple spots that I could have pulled into with my car, but not with the beast.(It also doesn't help that the power turning fluid... or what ever it is, is broken... or something.) I ended up parking quite far away from the school, which means that I had to walk past the creepy druggie park to get to the school. I finally walked into the band room at 5:45, Poe was pissed, but she got over it.
While we were playing pep band, I noticed a strangely familiar scent, it was a gross scent. Cigarette smoke. I HATE that smell, and it also triggers my asthma. I figured it was just someone that had walked by me or something. After the next song, I could still smell it... and then BAM... asthma symptoms hit me. Throbbing headache. Short, gaspy breathes. Uncontrollable wheezing. I reached for my Roo (aka: glorified fanny pack) to get my inhaler. No inhaler. I suddenly remembered that it was in my backpack... at home. I moved to a different spot where I couldn't smell the smoke, and my symptoms got better, although I was miserable that entire time.
After a while, I figured out where the smell was coming from. One of our drummers, who was just a row ahead of me before I moved, is an avid smoker. There are rumors that he is on drugs as well, but you know how rumors are. This guy annoys the crap out of me. He is ALWAYS pounding on some sort of drum and it drives me crazy. (He also steals my parking spot in the mornings! It's the only spot where I can pull-through both ways and never have to back out.) Anyway, oh well, he's a senior, so in a couple of months I will never have to smell his disgusting scent again.
As I was walking back to the beast after pep band, I realized that it was super dark outside, and that I had to walk past a very creepy place. I was soo scared. I seriously thought that some creeper guy was going to jump out and grab me. It's times like these that I wish I had my own personal body guard or something. Oh wait, I have two of those, except both of them were sitting on their lazy butts at home watching a Bigfoot show. As much as my Dad and Brother are socially ungraceful, I would much rather have them with me during situations like that. I made it to the beast just fine, even though I felt like I was going to die.
Morals of this story:
1. Wrestling is a weird, weird sport.
2. Don't drive the beast to school events.
3. Bring your body guards (aka: your Daddy and your brother) with you where ever you go.
4.Learn to park correctly.
5. Bring your inhaler with you every where you go.
No comments:
Post a Comment