Monday, January 7, 2013

Saccapuntas!

As I have probably mentioned before, I love my family, even though they act like a bunch of crazy-redneck manerless hillbillies at times. Tonight was just one of those nights that you look back on and smile. Supper, enough said.

Mom: You naughty jack wagons come eat your supper!
(We all ran up to the table, it was honey glazed chicken, and it went fast.)
Elle: Annastazia, you need to give me half of your chicken.
(Looking down at my plate, I saw that we had the exact same amount.)
Me: Why?
Elle: You aren't growing anymore, you don't need as much food as I do.
Mom: What are you two talking about?
Me: (laughing) El thinks that just because I am done growing, I don't need food anymore.
Mom: Elle, rather than talk, eat your food. Annastazia, she has a point, especially since you aren't doing anything physical right now.
(Momma is still mad that I gave up her dream of having a basketball playing prodigy daughter. Sorry, not sorry.)
(At this point, Izzy manages to spill apple juice all over her pants... which were actually my pants that she lifted from my closet, so she decides to eat her supper in her underwear.)
Dad: Izzy, put some pants on. (He said as he ate his supper without pants.)
Momma: Gregory, you have no room to talk. If it is past 7 and you have your pants still on, it must be a special occasion.
(I walked to the fridge to get the jug of milk. Needless to say, there was none.)
Me: Yo quierro la leche! Pero, yo no tengo la leche en la casa!
Mom: Speak our language please.
Me: Saccapuntas impaciente!
Rudy: She just cussed in Spanish.
Mom: I know exactly what you said. You just called me a piece of...crap. (she almost said the other word)
Me: Actually Mom, I called you an impatient pencil-sharpener.
(The whole family busts out into laughter and a round of "Duuuhhh" noises.) Sweet music to my ears. I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment