Saturday, January 5, 2013

Stofers Will be Stofers...

About two years ago I realized that my family says some pretty crazy stuff, whether it is funny, degrading, insulting, or just absolutely stupid. So, I started to write it down. Anything I thought was note-worthy for whatever reason was written down. I have a long list of stuff, but I'll just share a few from this past year. These ones are some of my favorites!
  • As I walk into the bathroom, Elle is rubbing her tooth brush right under her nose and around her cheeks. So I asked, "El, what are you doing?" She replied, "Duh, I'm brushing my mustache and beard." I looked at her so puzzled and said, "Elle, first of all, disgusting. Second of all, you don't have a beard or mustache. Thirdly, that isn't your toothbrush, it's Rudy's." She smiled at me and said, "I know." Then put down Frank's toothbrush and skipped out of the bathroom.
  • As we were taking down the Christmas tree, Mom and I had just finished a delightful conversation about what a terrible baby I was, and that she was surprised she wanted anymore babies after me. I said, "Momma, when I was little, I used to think 'democrat' was a bad word." She giggled and then said with a stern look, "It is a bad word. Don't repeat it." Dad turned on the news and two democrats were arguing about some cliff thing. Perfect timing.
  • A couple of months ago, I was picking up Izzy and Elle from trumpet lessons, and I had been talking to my friend John while I was waiting for them. When I saw them walking out of the school, I said good bye to John, and started walking to my car. As Elle was putting her trumpet in the trunk she asks, "Annastazia, are you cheating on Byron with John?" I looked at her and said, "Elle, Byron and I aren't dating." She quickly snapped back, "Yes you are. He was your homecoming date, his tie even matched your dress and everything. You have to be dating." At this point I was hysterically laughing I said, "Just because we went to homecoming together, it doesn't mean we're dating." She rolled her eyes and said, "Shut-up and drive me home!" I love my sassy little sister... :)
  • About a month ago, I had to record my playing test for band and it wasn't going as smoothly as I had hoped it would. My parents made me go into the basement to practice (because it was too cold to make me do it in the barn). I had just recorded the first song when Izzy comes down and sits in the chair next to me. She looks at me for a while, and then asks, "Why does that thing sound like a dying goose? It doesn't sound like that when the lady at church played her oboe for the concert." I rolled my eyes and said, "The same reason your trumpet playing isn't very desirable, we both just started." She got a confused look on her face and said, "Annastazia, you have been playing that thing for over a year, I started trumpet two months ago." I gave her one of those annoyed I'm-going-to-kill-you looks and said, "Yes, but if anyone asks, I just started, and that's why I suck. Okay?" She got up and said, "Whatever, take your dying goose somewhere else, it's annoying me." I love how supportive she is...
  • One afternoon this fall, Rudy had football practice and I had softball practice, so after practice I drove over to the school to pick him up. On the way home, the most strange conversation occurred. I was just about to turn off of Highway 50 on to the Burr Spur when Rudy randomly said, "I think I need to shave." I was paying attention to the jack wagon dump truck in front of me, and then soon realized that the car was starting to stink like BO, really bad. At first I thought it was me, I was wearing a white cut-off that was full of dried sweat and a lot of dirt from practice, and Rudy was covered from head-to-toe in grass stains. I looked over at him, and he had his arm raised in the air and was examining the hair under his arms. I yelled at him to put his stinky armpit away and then he repeated, "I think I need to shave." I looked at him and said, "Rudy, I'm pretty sure guys don't shave their armpits, you should talk to Daddy about that one." A strange look appeared on his face and he said, "Don't worry, I didn't shave them, I just trimmed the hair with scissors." My face turned blank, "Puh-lease tell me that you didn't use my sewing scissors on your stanky nastiness." His face turned red, "I just used the ones in your blue and green sewing box." "You freak! I'm telling Mom!" And the conversation continued just how it started...weird.
Recently I saw this quote that says "Home is where my bunch of crazies are." It's so true. I love my bunch of crazies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment