I didn't feel like putting make-up on this morning. Make-up is really starting to make me mad, I find myself wearing it less and less. Why should I have to hide behind a fake mask? I see so many girls at my school that are just caked in make-up. Sometimes I wonder what their real face looks like.
Today after school, I walked into the kitchen. Momma was sitting at the table reading something. I open the fridge and do the usual 'glance for any food that looks any bit appetizing' thing. I decided on a banana, and sat down next to Mom after chucking my keys on the counter. She looked at me and said, "Baby, are you sick? You look pale and sickly." I rolled my eyes, "No Mom, I'm fine. I'm just not wearing any make-up." We both laughed hysterically.
A couple hours later, at the Varsity basketball game, I was talking to Ally. Britton walks up and enthusiastically says, "Hey Ally!" Then he looks at me and gets this disgusted look on his face, "You look terrible and sickly. Go home." I almost hit him... almost. Instead I settled for a come back that I saw on Pinterest, "Thank you, Britton, I'm glad that my real face looks sickly and terrible." He laughed and walked away. Why are my friends so rude and conceited? :)
So I made the conclusion that not wearing make-up is socially unacceptable. What is this world coming to? Why can't I wear my real face without people telling me I look sickly? This irritates me, a lot. I hate how some people are so fake.
No comments:
Post a Comment